You're Doing It Wrong: Assassin's Creed

NEW FEATURE: I'm gonna start putting these up any time a game displays a design decision so stupid I have to walk away and turn off my system. Our first winner, Assassin's Creed.

Apparently, the Crusades are more brutal than history had led me to believe. I just got stabbed to death for WALKING TOO QUICKLY. Not running. Not sprinting. Walking. See, there's a number of different ways you can move around in Assassin's Creed, separated into High Profile, Low Profile, whatever. You can move around normally, with the analog sticks, hold LT to run, or hold LT + A to move balls out. You can also hold RT + A to blend in, and move EXTREMELY slow.

I was walking normally, passed by a guard on my way to an objective, and ran over and killed me. I'm still very early in the game, but fuck me, that's annoying. Same rules apply to moving around on a horse. The only way to move anywhere within eyesight of a guard is to move at a snail's pace. That is not a lot of fun, gotta tell ya.

No comments: